As a teenager, it’s easy to imagine yourself waking up one morning (sometime in your early 20s) with gorgeous, blemish-free skin.
But that fantasy is just a distant memory now, and you’ve probably just decided to accept the fact that your first wrinkle might pop up with yet another pimple.
At a certain point, it seriously feels like nothing will ever actually change your acne-prone skin. So what’s the point of spending tons of money on products that don’t really work?
Thankfully, you don’t have to waste any more time and money on harsh chemicals that seem to do little more than dry out your skin.
Not only do you already have everything you need sitting in your kitchen, but using ingredients around the house, you can easily make your very own acne-fighting face mask.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Bentonite Clay
Granted, you probably will need to pick up a jar of bentonite clay, but an entire bottle should cost no more than $5.
How to make a DIY Bentonite Mask:
- First, mix 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar with 2 tablespoons of bentonite clay.
- The resulting clay should resemble a frothy paste—it will look pretty thick.
- Slather the mask around your entire face, paying close attention to problem areas—especially your T-zone!
- Let the clay sit for about 10 to 20 minutes, depending on how sensitive your skin feels.
- Rinse with tepid water.
- Don’t forget to moisturize after!
Blogger Crissy Page, of DearCrissy.com, said the mousse-like mask left her face slightly red for a few minutes washing off, but the irritation subsided pretty quickly.
This face mask works wonders on acne-prone skin; the bentonite is a fantastic remedy for clogged pores, blackheads, and oily skin—plus it can actually even out your complexion!
Like any other new skincare product, it’s very important to start using the mask once every week or two, so you don’t introduce too much too soon.