A 10-year-old boy in China had to have his stomach pumped after bullies at school forced him to eat the lead of a pencil.
According to The Daily Mail, Liu Xinze had to be rushed to the hospital after his parents saw him vomiting a black substance at their home in Daqing, northern China's Heilongjiang province.
“There were plenty of black substances in his vomit. I wondered if he had eaten Oreo biscuits,” the boy’s sister told Heilongjiang Television Station. “We saw graphite in his vomit. It's still hard.”
Last Friday, Liu had to undergo a three-hour operation to have the graphite removed from his body, reported Huanqiu.
When he was first asked why he would eat the graphite, Liu reportedly told his parents that he was “just hungry.”
However, after a bit of probing, the terrified little boy finally confessed that he’d been bullied into eating the pencil by two girls at school.
According to The Daily Mail, Liu suffers from low self-esteem and didn’t want to tell his parents that he was being bullied.
Fortunately, since graphite does not contain lead, Liu did not suffer from lead poisoning.
The young boy’s parents have since reported the incident to police.