She Posts This Photo Of Her Dying Son To Warn Other Parents About The

She Posts This Photo Of Her Dying Son To Warn Other Parents About The '#1 Killer' Of Kids.

A mom posted a photo of her son on Facebook to warn others about the dangers of fentanyl. Read on for more details!

Photo Copyright © 2017 Facebook/Sherri Kent

SHARE THIS STORY WITH YOUR FRIENDS!

  • more

    More Options!

More Sharing Options

X
  • Facebook

    SHARE NOW!

  • Twitter

    SHARE NOW!

  • Email

    SHARE NOW!

  • Pinterest

    SHARE NOW!

  • Tumblr

    SHARE NOW!

  • Google+

    SHARE NOW!

  • Reddit

    SHARE NOW!

  • Flipboard

    SHARE NOW!

  • LinkedIn

    SHARE NOW!

  • StumbleUpon

    SHARE NOW!

  • Digg

    SHARE NOW!

  • We Heart It

    SHARE NOW!

Advertisement

Sherri Kent, of Calgary, Canada, posted a photo of herself lying next to his son, Michael Kent, who was unconscious in his hospital bed. Sherri wrote on a Facebook post along with the photo: “I just want everyone to know that my son Michael overdosed on fentanyl. My son was not an addict he made a mistake that cost him his life.

“I just want to make everyone aware of the epidemic that's goin on right now that's killing 5-7 people a day in every city in Canada. It's out of control and there is no way to protect our children from this other than to warn them of the dangers of drug use today.

“I've lost my son to this horrible tragedy and want to make parents aware that it can happen to anyone who decides to touch anything that can be snorted up your nose.”

Sherri’s post has received more than 86,000 shares. She said, “They made me a spot on the bed where I could lay with my son and talk to him. This is where I told him I was still proud of him."

According to CBC News, Michael lives for the last few years with his father before moving to his sister’s place. Sherri said that Michael and his sister was doing some errands when a man they had met a few weeks earlier offered Michael illegal substances, which his sister urged him not to take, Michael overdosed that same day.

Facebook/Sherri Kent

The next day, Sherri said that while his sister was asleep, Michael left to meet up with the man again. Sherri said, “They went to the store just down the street from where my son was living and this gentleman had told my son he had some really strong heroin.” Michael overdosed again.

Sherri told CBC News, “About 20 minutes later, he was too scared to go back and check on my son… So, he ran for the people who own the store to unlock the door and that's when they found him. He was already blue in the lips. By the time the ambulance got there he was in cardiac arrest."

Michael was immediately taken to the hospital and placed on life support. One week after his overdosing episode, Michael passed away. Although the toxicology test hasn’t been released, doctors believe that Michael died from fentanyl overdose.

Sherri said, “I recommend anybody who has friends or anybody that does do drugs to get one of these. They give you the time you need to get medical help.

"He was friendly to a fault. It didn't matter who you were or what you were, or where you lived, Michael had a compassion for everybody, he'd give you the shirt off his back, he was that type of child.”

Share This Story On Facebook!

Advertisement

Healthypage on Facebook